10-lot subdivision on Dragon Court earns approval - Daily Times Chronicle: Woburn

default avatar
Welcome to the site! Login or Signup below.
|
Not you?||
Logout|My Dashboard

10-lot subdivision on Dragon Court earns approval

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Friday, December 13, 2013 11:59 am | Updated: 12:05 pm, Fri Dec 13, 2013.

WOBURN - The Woburn Planning Board, with multiple conditions, recently approved a 10-lot subdivision on Dragon Court off Washington Street in East Woburn.

Attorney Joseph Tarby represented Burlington developer Robert Murray on the proposal for the 10 duplex units on lots ranging in size from 15,000 to 22,000-square-feet.

According to Tarby, the plans have gone through a number of revisions over the past year to meet the requests of Department of Public Works and the Engineering Department.

One Dragon Court neighbor, Timothy Swain, spoke against the plans, stating he didn’t agree with the drainage plans, adding he felt water was coming from a different direction than the plans showed.

A second area resident, Chris Owen of Florence Court, said he didn’t have a problem with the two-family homes, but he did have a problem with the density of the project.

He too raised concerns with drainage as, he said, water has been a long standing problem in the area and, “is not going to be fixed easily.”

Area residents also listed concerns over traffic, fire safety and the impact on the enviroment.

Mary Owen, Florence Terrace, also listed concerns over drainage.

She said she hoped the new development didn’t make existing problems worse.

After hearing concerns from the neighbors, Planning Board member Michael Ventresca asked if additional drainage testing had been requested.

Planning Board Director Edmund Tarallo said significant changes had been made to the drainage plan as a result of additional testing.

After hearing from the applicant and the neighbors, Tarallo said he suggested a favorable vote on the proposal with several proposed conditions.

The Planning Board, on a 6-0 vote, member Claudia Leis Bolgen was not present, approved the plans with the conditions suggested by Tarallo.

© 2015 Homenewshere.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

  • Discuss

Welcome to the discussion.

Follow us on Facebook